This week (or really starting this past Saturday) we changed Eli's crib into a toddler bed. He has been doing so well adjusting. A couple of nights ago he did fall out and the poor little guy was half asleep trying to find his way back to his bed. I had to help him back in. Here is a video snap for my family.
Please excuse the hall...we are cleaning up and out!''
Lets see. I am still feeling great for the most part. Sleeping is getting a little uncomfortable, BUT I pulled out my snoogle and it seems to be so much better! I do have some back pain but I remember about this time I had it with Eli so I find it pretty normal. I had my first "hey your poking out" today. I am really showing quicker this time around. Although I will say I only get that after I eat. So not so sure if it is baby or food =)
We go back to the doctor a week from Monday.
Tonight Daniel took me on a date (we had a gift card from Christmas). On our way home we stopped to check out double strollers and I am pretty sure Daniel had a reality check. I saw a little panic in his face as he began to realize in about 7 months we will have # 2. Don't get him wrong...he is excited, but just didn't realize all that comes with another baby.
The past couple of days I have been experiencing slight nausea throughout the day. I never had this with Eli, and I am not sure if it was baby or what's been going around. I have to say I don't know how you mommies that have it ALL. THE. TIME. do it, because the hint of it in me...I couldn't take anymore. My mom is a trooper. She was sick all 9 months with all 3 of us. WOW couldn't do that for sure!
I am still running (on the treadmill...boo!) I look forward to warmer weather and sunshine so that I can go run outside! BUT since I can't right now in this 10, 20 30 degree weather, I will stick with the dreadmill.
Alright, what most of you came here to see...the baby growing inside:
The second picture is a result of Eli when asked the question "Where's the baby"--he points either to my stomach or his and says in the most precious little boy voice "in momma" =) melts this heart of mine!
AND of course we can't forget our "first born" girl who joined us almost 4 years ago. Life has been fun, crazy, stressful, lively and flat out enjoyable with her around! Happy 4th Birthday Madie girl and to her sister Sadie (my brother & sister-in-law's dog!) We love you =)
Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I feel like every time I sit down to write, I am reminded of something else I need to do around the house, for work etc. so this thing has gotten put on the back burner.
Beware-this is not a feel good post. It is from my heart and what I have been struggling with lately and what God has been teaching me. It is hard for me to be totally transparent on here not knowing who really is reading, but here I go...
I am a sinner. Yes I am. I struggle just like all of you. Lately I have been plagued with the thoughts of where we are now. When I say "we" I mean Daniel, Eli and I (oh and baby # 2). I can't tell you how many friends & family members we have that have just bought a house, are buying a house or already have houses, steady good paying jobs, new cars etc. They have 401k's and money in savings. When they want to go out to eat or take a vacation...well they do. I am not saying these things are good or bad, but I find myself (often) asking God why we don't have those things. We have a 16 year old beat up car and an 8 year old car that has seen better days. I feel like we throw money down the drain every month with rent, and if we are being honest here struggle to pay our bills each month. It's not that I REALLY want all of those things, but it is just hard at times to see other people with them.
Then I am reminded (how in the world could I be so stupid to forget)...We are following God's call and He has a plan for our lives! He really does. It might not look like what we think it should, but He does have a plan and He is sovereign. He has taken care of every single one of our needs. Who cares if we have all those things anyway. We can't take them with us. No we don't live lavishly (in American standards but compared to the rest of the world we do). We're not buying a house anytime soon, or a new car (although I do wonder how it will be with 2 babies...but I know people do it all the time!) Following God's call means laying down your pride, selfish flesh desires, giving up things well lets be honest...that are just so dang hard to and standing before the Lord saying, here I am. Lord I want to serve you whatever that might mean. For us now that means seminary and raising support. Oh how many times we have been on our knees begging the Lord for support while in the same breath praying for His will to be done. The Lord never said "take up your cross and follow me and it will be easy". It's been a crazy journey so far with a whole lot of heartache, laughs, loves, teaching moments and much more.
So as I struggle with this bare with me...my jealousy creeps in and I start questioning God why this? and why that?
Thank you Lord for the blessings all around me. For taking care of our every need day in and day out. Lord, may I (we) grow and trust you more daily.
Like I said in my previous post, I am going to try and keep up my progress comparing with the pictures I have while I was pregnant with Eli. I didn't take one last time at 8 weeks, so this is just one of me today. Already seeing that bump!
I was reading on baby center that is says the baby is the size of a kidney bean right now.
Oh goodness the questions have just been overflowing from people about this new baby and everything that goes along with him/her. So...I thought to just answer some of the more popular ones on this thing! If you have any other just ask!
1. How far along are you? I am 8 weeks today! We went to the doctor on tuesday and both mommy and baby look great. The nurse was really impressed with my blood pressure of all things! I told her I think it's from all the running but who knows.
2. When is baby due?August 26th--Yes Eli's original due date was August 27th but then got moved to September 1st. This baby's due date was not moved so somewhere around August 26th. I will be okay if baby # 2 comes a week or two early =)
3. How far apart will Eli and baby # 2 be? Eli's birthday is August 30th and this one's due date is August 26th so just shy of 24 months!
4. How are you feeling? Oh I get this question A LOT. Honestly I am feeling good. The same way I did with Eli--tired and hungry all. the. time! I did have more time to nap with Eli so I am feeling extra tired. I also had more opportunities to exercise with Eli BUT I am still getting my run/workout in at least 3 to 4 times a week if not more.
5. Will you find out if baby is a boy or a girl? OF COURSE! I feel like you are surprised when you find out and when you wait and see at delivery. They are BOTH surprises, so why not when you get the opportunity!
6. Do you have a hunch/are you hoping for a little girl? These two questions have been asked often too. Lets see...I can only go off of experience and since I feel the same way as I did with Eli, then I am leaning toward another little boy BUT who knows! I am praying/hoping for a healthy little one no matter boy or girl. I am actually one of those mommies who would be okay if I had all little boys--not to say (so don't think I am say) that I wouldn't be perfectly happy with a little girl because I would be! (after the shock wore off of course) =)
7. How did you tell your families? Well since we found out pretty much 2 years to the day as when we found out with Eli we were pregnant, we waited till Christmas to surprise our families!
8. Where will you deliver? Well in the city we live in! I am not sure what people were expecting me to say to this, but I did get this question a few times. We will have him or her here (at a hospital =)).
9. Will you go all natural again? LORD WILLING I will. I had a great experience with Eli that I hope to have all our babies naturally. We will have to just wait till d-day!
10. Am I showing? Well from the picture below there is definitely something there. You would probably not be able to tell (I try to hid it--not because I am ashamed, but I feel like I am in that stage of it looks like I just put on a few lbs). I am still wearing my jeggings which I love, but have to unbutton the button after a meal and do the rubber band method. Geez I didn't have to do that with Eli till like 12 to 14 weeks!
Okay that should hold you over for a little while BUT if you do have a question feel free to ask. I hope to get a picture up each week or every two weeks. I really like what she does. I just need to dig up the pictures from Eli. Thanks for all the prayers and congrats! We are feeling so overjoyed with all the calls, texts, emails, fb messages etc!
Thank you Lord for this little one! We give you the glory.