Thursday, June 16, 2011

Every Pregnancy IS Different...

Oh how many times I have been told this already throughout this pregnancy. I am learning every pregnancy really is different.



While pregnant with Eli, I had more time to sleep and be on my own. I had more time to watch what I ate and had ample of opportunity to exercise/lift weights. I had absolutely NO nausea the whole time up until right before I delivered (I think that is because everything was preparing for the big day). Even though I did work 40 hours while pregnant with him, the setting was different and more relaxed.





Now with Caleb I feel like exercise is when we can squeeze it in, and there really is NO time for lifting. I will say with Eli I ran the same course every day and it was 2.35 miles (it had some serious hills). With Caleb I have been able to run further. Most days we run 4+ miles (some days we stick to 3), so I feel like in a way that makes up for the lifting I am not able to do. Also with Caleb I had slight nausea (not bad or enough to complain about) for a few days. I haven't seemed to feel all around as good as I did with Eli, but I blame that on having a toddler--wait scratch that--a very, VERY active toddler that keeps me on my feet. I also have had a little swelling that did NOT happen with Eli. While at work in my desk, I prop my feet up and it seems to help. I feel like Caleb is even more active than Eli ever was in my tummy. If that is foreshadowing anything...well then we will have our hands full--very FULL with two active boys. As far as weight gain goes, I gained 26 lbs with Eli. So far with Caleb I have gained 19 lbs. BUT I did start out 6 lbs smaller with Caleb than with Eli.



Anyways, here's to hoping the deliveries are rather similar. I'd even be okay if this one was even quicker than the last!

Mae

No comments: