Monday, March 24, 2008

A little inspiration...

I want to preface this post by saying 2 things...1. I am highly embarrassed to even post this, but think it might help some of you out there (you will see why I am embarrassed if you keep reading) 2.  I write this blog for pure inspiration (and maybe a few laughs) but not for boasting in my self or my accomplishments (or anything else for that matter!) so here it goes...
Some of you might know and most of you don't, but about 3 yrs and 4 months ago I began dieting (to say the least).  In high school I was not really overweight, until of course my senior year.  Daniel and I were dating, and I began eating portion sizes like his (and his leftovers at one point). 

Anyway, you could say i put on some weight...ok A LOT OF WEIGHT.  In fact, about 30 + lbs.  I was huge my freshman year of college...and not to mention MISERABLE!  I hated the way I looked, didn't ever want to take pictures, and I felt like a complete slob!  So, my sweet and wonderful hubby (boyfriend at the time) challenged me to loose 30lbs.  I remember it like it was yesterday...we had just gotten back from Christmas break and my size 16 jeans would not even button because I had filled my belly so full with some Yummy (and not so healthy) food at my Aunt & Uncles house.  So getting back to the story...we were parked outside my parents house about to say goodnight, when I made a "contract" with Daniel (really with myself) that I would loose 30lbs.  I was determined and even wrote it out on a paper, and I signed it and so did Daniel :)...here was my starting point weighing in at 181 pounds


the left picture was taken in April 2005 and the one on the right was in May 2005 weighing in around 160ish



The picture that is on the left was June 2005 and the picture of the right (if you can't guess by the cake) was July 2005 weighing in about 140ish (maybe 130ish)







This picture was taken this past summer when I was about 130 + or -


and here I am today...58 lbs lighter weighing in at 123


Look...if I can do it, you can too!  I am now kinda obsessed with working out and eating right, but I feel great!  I do say thank you to Daniel for helping me shed the pounds (I was probably no fun in those moments when the cravings for FOOD were strong).  Anyways...if you want to know my secrets, just ask (but you probably won't like my answer).  Ok that its...hope someone is inspired! 

5 comments:

Ashley Davis said...

I know the answer... and I remember you telling me like three years ago and I thought you were nuts!

Now I know better :)

You were beautiful no matter what weight you were/are!

the smiths said...

Amazing! I had to reply to your comment about my smash brothers winnings-you are so right! I was right there with you just pushing random buttons! Who would have thought it would have worked SO well!?! LOL! We played again Sunday at the Crawfords and Ryan kept getting to so mad that I was winning so much...because he was actually trying to use technique! Hahaha!

Anonymous said...

Very inspiring!! I just found your blog one day and keep up with you as you follow the Lord. I'd love if you could post your secrets as you call them!

Anonymous said...

Post your secrets, please!

Rachel

Anonymous said...

Very inspiring!! I just found your blog one day. My friend told me I should read this blog, because I am at the weight you once were and now trying to go back down (way down). So reading this made me believe it can really happen. Thank you and I'd love if you could post your secrets as you call them!