Friday, August 26, 2011

One Week

Today is my original due date and I am VERY thankful to have had Caleb in my arms sooner than that!

This time last week Daniel and I were welcoming our second son into the world. I still pinch myself some days because I just can't hardly believe I am a mommy to two little boys (both under 2 right now!) I always said I wanted a house full of boys, and well that is happening!

It is interesting to me at only a week old how much he has changed already. When they first laid Caleb on my chest and I got to look at him, all I could this was "wow he looks so much like Eli!" Now I find myself not saying that as much. I pulled Eli's 1 week picture to compare it with Caleb's. What do you think?

Eli:


Caleb:


Caleb has truly been a great baby. I thought the transition from 1 to 2 would be hard, but I can say (and this may change) he is just a laid back baby who eats and sleeps well. I really don't remember Eli being this easy.

Eli seems to have much bigger eyes (like me) than Caleb. We think Caleb has more of Daniel's eyes.

At night while all is at peace in our house and the hubs is relaxing, I try and spend some time with Caleb doing kangaroo care. I know he won't do this for much longer so I am trying to take full advantage of it while I can.

Big brother Eli is really proving that he is in love with little brother Caleb. He tries to kiss him and snuggle him all the time (and the occasional running up to him and trying to pick him up all while giving mommy and daddy a scare!) I am trying to do my best to spend quality one-on-one time with Eli. I can tell he misses being the only child at times. Daniel had a "daddy's day out" with him today. They went to the toy store (we had a few final presents to buy for the almost 2 year old!) and then to the park to burn some energy. I think they wore each other out because they are both snoozing away as I type this.

Anyway, life has been really good and the adjustment hasn't been what I expected. I thought for sure it would be much harder (and it might been soon).

I am truly feeling blessed and can't wait to introduce our newest addition to my family next week!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Congratulations, guys! We don't have phone or internet right now, so it's been hard to get in touch. He is precious and we can't wait to meet him in person!