Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A little advice needed (Part II)...

Who knew there would be a part II because I didn't =) First I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who either posted on the blog, wrote on my fb wall or sent me a fb message. I was overwhelmed with so many encouraging words! Sorry to all those who said they posted a comment but it got deleted. Not sure how that happened!

Anyways, this is Part II of I NEED ADVICE. I posted the question a few posts back, but I kind of threw it in there with everything else to where it could have gotten lost.

I know many of you have more than one child and have the experience of nursing a baby while trying to entertain 1, 2, 3, etc more kids. So my advice needed this time is: How do you nurse one child while trying to entertain another one? Some of you laugh at this question because you are on number 4 or 5 and are old pro's, but for those of us who are "beginners" HELP US OUT =). I have already gotten some great advice from some women, but I am curious what each of YOU reading this do!

Please don't be shy. I was telling Daniel just the other night how inspired I was by all the comments and emails I received on nursing. I can't wait to read about your advice here!

Thanks in advance!



P.S. I have a sick boy who has been running fever for two days. Say a prayer for the little guy if you get a chance. This mommy really wants it to go away!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My oldest was only 11 months old when baby #2 was born. So it was interesting getting adjusted. If I am being honest I did a lot of praying! But back on to your question, I would have Kaylee bring me a book and have her sit beside me so I could read her a story. Or I would just talk to her while Cade was "eating". I would ask her to show me her toys. And sing a song with her. Another crazy thing I did every once in a while was use a sling for the baby to keep my hands free for the other child if needed. Hope this helps.

Unknown said...

Oh! This is Kim not Matt. lol. He must be signed in to google! :D

Krista said...

What about having a special toy or activity that only comes out when you are feeding the baby? That way it keeps its novelty and is sort of like a treat for being good while you're busy...