Friday, March 25, 2011

"Blessings"

We have this great Christian radio station that plays music I love to fill my families ears with. Most the time when we are in the car we have it on. The other day when I was alone in the car driving, this song came on the radio. I had never heard it before, so I turned it up to get a better understanding of the words. I have to say the words struck a cord in me. I wanted to pull the car over right then and there and let the tears flood down and spend time on my knees in prayer to our great God. BUT since I would have been late to work, I opted not to (although looking back I should have). My heart was pierced by these beautiful words. The chorus goes like this...

‘Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise





Thank you Lord for the good and the bad and for seeing us through each and every day.

"Oh my God, in You I trust"
psalm 25:2

No comments: