Sunday, January 25, 2009

Oh BABY!

God is just so full of surprises because...We are having a baby!! We have known for a little while now but wanted to wait and share it with the world until after we went to the doctor. We actually found out a couple of days before Christmas and shared the surprising news with our families Christmas morning! Now you all know my reason for the lack of blogging! So the secret is out and it's so crazy!!
I will be 9 weeks on Tuesday and we are due September 1st!!! :) We went to the doctor on Friday and saw our baby for the first time. His or Her arm & leg buds were moving all about and the heart was beating so fast. The doctor said both Mommy & Baby are healthy and look good, which was so good to hear and we continue to pray for this throughout the whole pregnancy! It was so exciting to see the baby & i have to admit...i did cry because it was such a special moment for Daniel and I. Above is a picture of our little one!
**For those who are wondering and have asked, we are still going to France but will be a bit delayed so the baby can be born here in the states and we can raise the additional support needed!
Dan & Mae

6 comments:

Daniel Crawford said...

AWWWW!! Congratulations! That is so exciting for you guys! You guys will be great parents! How are you feeling? If you have any questions, feel free to ask (not that I know much more than you yet! But it helps to have someone to talk to that is going through the same thing as you!) We will have to get our little ones together for play dates after they are born!! :) Congratulations again and keep us posted!

BenJAMIN said...

SHAYNA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ben and I are freaking out and are so happy for you two!!! I think i see little arms and legs and it is just so beautiful.... dude that thing is moving inside you... that blows my mind. Keep me updated on names!! I love your face and i love baby

Ellen & Ben

Betty said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting! What a wonderful Christmas gift for your families!

Ashley W said...

WHAT! How exciting! Congrats..I know ya'll will be great parents! I will keep your growing family in my prayers and look forward to blog updates about your pregnancy!

Dana said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting! There is nothing like a first baby. If you don't feel well, hang in there. It will all be a distant memory one day. Get lots of sleep and eat little (protein-filled) snacks throughout the day. If it's really bad, you can email me and I will tell you what else has worked for me. Those first months can be really bad! I am so excited for you guys!

steve, kate, annelise and joseph said...

congratulations you two!!
i am sure you are both more than thrilled :)

~katy