Monday, March 31, 2008

our weekend recap...

So Friday  was recaped in the last post so you can read about it there!
Saturday, we also babysat till 2:00--which we really enjoyed ourselves and Daniel made a new little friend--then we went home and while daniel washed & cleaned up our cars (thanks baby!), I put our kitchen table that we have been trying to sell on Craigslist.  Within an hour, I had 2 interested buyers...30 minutes later it was sold!!  I was amazed :) Thank you Lord...You always seem to provide in those times we need it the most!

Sunday's are always bright and early for us because I have to be at church by 7:00 to 7:30! After Church we went home and took our afternoon jog...boy do i love running with Daniel although it was slightly chilly yesterday.  After our jog, we took a trip to the store to buy Daniel some clothes for the BEACH..in 6 days :) Now I want to pause a moment and say Daniel is not a fan of shopping for clothes at all!!!  But yesterday he knew I wanted him to get something nice for the beach, so he was so good about trying on different things for me...I think he only went because we stopped by the pet store and got Madie some goodies :)  

Sunday night was our sister-in-law (Jen-Yu) B'day so we celebrated with some yummy food Mrs. Davis made and of course CAKE AND ICE CREAM!  
But...one more thing happened that I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to tell you about...here it is:
Daniel and I are taking a trip to Minneapolis at the end of April thru the beginning of May, and we are stopping halfway in St. Louis, MS (btw I have never been...new places are always exciting to me!) to spend the night.  I had been looking at many hotels to stay in, but all I could find in our price range was...well they were really not what we wanted to stay in to say the least.  But last night my brother-in-law reminded me of this website www.biddingfortravel.com where you go on and find 3 or 4 star hotels and then bid on what price you will pay.  Our bid was $45.oo to stay in the Hilton (a 4 star hotel that rooms usually go for $200.00+ a night).  Our bid was approved!!  That is not a bad deal at all!  :) ok that's our weekend in a nutshell...

No comments: