Tuesday, March 31, 2009

my first...

yup i had a first last week. while we were at krispy kreme doughnuts, a woman stepped out on a limb & said "How far along are you?" I could barely believe my ears! I mean i never ask that question unless it is completely and totally obvious that a woman is pregnant (most likely in her third trimester). it really caught me off guard. I know i am showing but didn't know it was that apparent. I quickly responded and then rushed to the car to tell daniel (i had run in to get a cup of water we forgot to get). Daniel laughed and did reassure me i am not fat, just pregnant or big in the belly! Then this past weekend we were doing our normal grocery shopping at good ole wal-mart, and the cashier ask the same question. Well i will say she hesitated till i turned to the side (and probably stared at me for over a minute) before she asked. I guess it has begun, and i'm sure this will just continue to happen as i get bigger and bigger. i'm embracing it... :)
mae

4 comments:

Dana said...

You should probably take that as a compliment. The only time I ever ask is if I KNOW that they are pregnant. Of course, that can backfire if they just delivered! Anyway, it must mean that the rest of your body is so slim that it is obvious because it is only your tummy. I personally love the stage that you are, not too big yet and still cute! (I'm not saying that you will get too big, but I definitely did with my last 2babies. I even had a man tell me at church for the last month that the baby was gettiing too big for my body! With my first, people told me that my baby would be sick because I was too small. I still don't understand why people interject their opinions so often to pregnant women, but oh well.) Sorry this is so long!

Jamie and Joy George said...

oh yes...the comments and stares. They are so much fun! I like how one lady used the words "about to pop" when starring at me the other day. :) I do remember the feeling though of when people realized it was a baby, and not just too many cheeseburgers.

gimmegodiva said...

Have they started touching you yet??? Comments were fine with me, but people- keep your hands to yourself!

Ashley Davis said...

i had a cashier reach over the counter and touch my belly and tell me i was going to pop soon b/c he had dropped. exxccuuuuse me, do i know you?