Thursday, April 17, 2008

Who knew?

These are a few interesting facts I ran across today while working (downloading things for Sunday for the kiddos).

Babies are born without kneecaps

When you sneeze, your heart stops for one millisecond

Fidgeting can burn 350 calories a day (this is good to know =))

Apples are said to wake people up better than coffee (
i questioned this one!)

Women blink almost twice as much as men

A ducks quack does not echo

It is impossible to lick your elbow

Snails can sleep up to 3 years

Peanuts are an ingredient in dynamite

Over 75% of you (
reading this blog) tried to lick your elbow (I did when I read it!!)

Turtles can breathe through their rear ends (
I laughed at this one!)

Your thumbs are the same length as your nose (I bet you tried that one too!)

All polar bears are left-handed

Today your heart will beat over 100,000 times 

and the last one...

Ok I found this one EXTREMELY INTERESTING...When you lick a stamp, you consume a tenth of a calorie.

No comments: