Monday, March 10, 2008

Come Thou Fount...

Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, prone to leave the God I love;
here's my heart Lord, O take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above

These sweet words are from an old hymn that spoke to my heart today...I only had to work a half day today (which was nice I might add...any day off in which i get to spend with my hubby is nice :)  anyways...as we rode in the car this morning, this song came on the radio and we could not help but sing along.  Who thought that a hymn composed in the 18th century by Robert Robinson would not only still be sung, but would be touching lives today...in the 21 century!  When we got to these specific words above...a tug at my heart became very evident as I thought...Lord I am prone to wonder and to not find joy and happiness in you but in worldly materialist things that are only momentarily satisfying.  But Lord here is my heart....may i seek you Lord!  Maybe you will be moved as you reflect on these words :)

In other news, a dear friend has committed some of her precious time to teach me how to play the piano....a dream I have had for quiet some time.  This is not just a dear friend, but one of my best friends who sang in my wedding!  Who is this you might ask?  DEENA!!!!  For those of you who don't know who she is...one of my 5 college roommates!  We went through alot...and became VERY good friends!  She will be leaving me soon for Colorado (like everyone else!) but while she is here...we have gotten to have some sweet time together.  I just wanted y'all to know how grateful I am that she is dedicating time to teach me piano for when we are in France...I LOVE YOU DEENA!  Oh and she is beautiful...here are some memories we have together (I have MANY more they are just on the other computer...and it takes a while to load these pictures at times :) :





Thank you Lord for friends like Deena who are there for you through it all...what a precious daughter of Yours she is!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you mae mae


Deena