Monday, March 03, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS!!

TO MY SISTER, LESLIE, ON HER BIRTHDAY!!!
I'm glad I have a sister
and happy you're the one
that fills my life with laughter,
happiness and fun.

I love the little secrets
and jokes that no one knows
except for us two funnies
Oh it makes me laugh!

Oh the fun we have together,
It makes my life all better.
You're there when I need a hug,
i feel snug as a bug in a rug!

All you do is smile
and it brightens up the room,
Whenever you're away,
I know you'll be home soon.

We talk of getting older
and going to the gym,
growing up, getting married
and of course we're having kids!

I'll be there when you need me,
and I hope you'll do the same,
ring me and I'll be there
as quickly as I can.

We laugh at all the memories,
we grin at all the names,
even though we change,
I hope our friendship stays the same.

I love our little chats
and dreams of our life,
and I know that one day
you'll make a great mother and wife!

We are two emotional sisters,
that we imagine to be,
we even have our ups and downs but that comes naturally.

So even when we are apart,
you have a place inside my heart!


Sisters together forever at heart
Even when death do us part.

(found on www.lovethepoem.com)

My older sister, Leslie, has literally been my "hero" all my life. I know that sound silly, but I ALWAYS wanted to be just like her! She is only 13 months older than me, so we went through everything together. Playing house, having lemonade stands in the front yard, "becoming a woman", wearing makeup, cheerleading, learning how to drive, dating boys, prom's, college, and much more. 

I remember some days we would ride to school together and we could not stand each other...we would fight about silly things and then make up. I always knew, though that she would forgive me and that I would forgive her. 

I remember the day she went to college because I cried like a baby...how do you let go of your best friend? At the time I did not know that she was my best friend, but it becomes more clear everyday that we have a special bond as sisters. She was right their by my side when i married the man of my dreams, the one I get to spend the rest of my life with. We have laughed together, cried together, loved together, fault together. We love and honor the same God, and I praise Him for her life! 

Although I am married, and will soon be moving halfway across the world, my love for my sister will still remain. As i sit here weeping because my love for her is so dear, I am wishing her a WONDERFUL birthday on her special day! It is funny how everyday, I see how much we are a like. We look absolutely NOTHING a like, but the way we think, our actions, mannerisms, and such show we are sister! So this is to you LESLIE, my sister, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :)
                                             Her first deer...she was so proud!!

                                                         us at a wedding recently 

                                                     Leslie and Edie (our cousin)

                   Here she is standing by my side as my maid-of-honor on my big day!

                Holding hands like we did as little girls...we are never to old to do this!

I love you Leslie and hope you do have a SUPER DAY!!

magen (your lil sis) :)

No comments: